The ‘Sicko Mode’ Video Of Travis Scott Has Reached 1 Billion Views On YouTube
In October 2018, the trippy clip was uploaded for the first time.
Travis Scott’s mind-bending “Sicko Mode” has reached 1 billion views on YouTube. This week, the Dave Meyers-directed video for the song, which features Drake, Swae Lee, and Big Hawk, went over a major milestone on YouTube.
Scott’s first entry into the billion views club, and Drizzy’s sixth clip to surpass 10 digits. The bold video begins as Drake walks his dog along train tracks at sunset in a town overtaken by red smoke, while Meyers focuses his lens on the faces of citizens of the area. Scott pulls up on a horse and drops a verse among a group of people hanging outside a convenience store and a group of girls chilling in a parking lot as the tempo changes.
- Wiztom’s “Weather For Two”: The Nigerian Afrobeat Anthem You Can’t-Miss
- Umoja Sounds Releases An EP Guaranteed To Be The Best Afrobeat In Europe By 2023
- Gina Williams’ Afrobeat And Pop Album Features Energetic and Uplifting Sounds To Boost Your Party
- Energetic and Atmospheric Hip-Hop Songs That Will Make Your Summer Vibes
- Cloud Ray’s Urban City Elegance EP is a Must-Hear for Fans of EDM Rap Fusion
Similarly, Meyers’ camerawork is eclectic, switching from hyper-colour to black and white and incorporating excursions into outer space and psychedelic focus shifts that give the clip a trippy, see-sawing tone.
He was recently announced as one of the headliners for a trio of Primavera Sound shows in South America, which will mark Scott’s return to the stage a year after the deadly 2021 Astroworld Festival tragedy in Houston, which resulted in nearly 400 lawsuits against both Scott and the event’s producers.
Primavera Sound Sao Paolo will feature Scott on Nov. 6; Primavera Sound Buenos Aires, where he will appear on Nov. 12; and Primavera Sound Santiago de Chile, where he will appear on Nov. 13.
Watch the video of “Sicko Mode” below.